This privacy promise sets out how Future Stewards uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website. Future Stewards is a coalition of partners. Your data will be managed by Future Stewards partner Leaders’ Quest Limited.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This includes: being transparent about the way that we use your information; giving you the opportunity to ask us to change this (or delete your details); and to helping you understand your legal rights to privacy.
We promise only ever to use your personal information in a legitimate way, in accordance with the law and our standards of business integrity.
We will regularly review this promise and update it as necessary. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes to the promise.
How the law protects you
Data Protection law says that we can only use your personal information – including sharing it outside of Future Stewards – if we have a proper reason to do so. In practice, that means we may only do so in one or more of these circumstances:
- To fulfil a contract, we have with you
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When you consent to it.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. Even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we’ll tell you what that is.
What we collect
We may collect the following information to prepare for your involvement in one of our programmes:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
Any sensitive data such as passport information and medical information will be immediately deleted once we no longer need it.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. After you have taken part in one of our programmes, we may hold limited information about you on our customer relationship management system for the following reasons:
- To invite you to programmes and events
- To carry out surveys and provide information on our programmes
- To improve our products and services
- To periodically send email updates about new initiatives or other updates about our work that we think you may find interesting.
Inactive contacts are removed after a period per our company policy.
We’re committed to ensuring your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including preventing unauthorised access or disclosure.
We will only share this information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Third-party suppliers/partners: we may need to share your information with suppliers such as venues and organisations we meet with in preparing our programmes, to help us deliver our services. These will only act under our instructions and are subject to contractual obligations containing strict data protection clauses.
- Where legally required. We will comply with requests where disclosure is required by law. We may also share your information with the emergency services if we reasonably think someone is in danger.
We may use the services of a supplier outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which means that your personal information is transferred, processed and stored outside the EEA. You should be aware that, in general, legal protection for personal information in countries outside the EEA may not be equivalent to the level of protection provided in the EEA. However, we take steps to put in place suitable safeguards to protect your personal information when processed by a supplier outside the EEA. Binding corporate rules are in place for entities within the Future Stewards group. For other organisations, this will include entering into European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information we hold on you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to obtain this.
The Future Stewards site is not intended for children and we do not (knowingly) collect or maintain information about them.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the boxes that you can select to indicate your preferences for the use of your data.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We won’t sell, distribute or lease your personal information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you have questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.