Future Stewards joins Regen10 to transform agricultural systems, regeneratively produce 50% of food worldwide
Regen10 is an ambitious collective action plan to scale regenerative food production systems, worldwide, in a decade.
The initiative will put farmers at the heart of a global effort to transform agricultural systems, so that by 2030, over 50% of the world’s food can be produced in a way that drives positive outcomes for people, for nature, and for climate.
Regen10 will drive alignment and convergence of existing food and farming sector initiatives, and scale-up collective action, by bringing together farmers, along with businesses, investors, NGOs, and policymakers to accelerate system change. Through its interventions, Regen10 will play a key role in strengthening the agriculture and food systems’ contributions to the Paris Agreement, while halting and reversing nature loss, building resilience, and enabling farmers to earn decent incomes for the vital role they play as stewards of the land.
A broad alliance has come together to deliver the initiative, including: World Farmers Organisation, Eastern Africa Farmers Federation, Food & Land Use Coalition, World Bank Group, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), SYSTEMIQ, IMAGINE, We Mean Business Coalition, Future Stewards, OP2B, Sustainable Food Trust (Global Farm Metric), and Club of Rome. Many more organisations and companies have expressed their support for the initiative and will be actively involved in delivering its 2030 ambition.
Delivering interventions that matter. Regen10 will work in partnership with a wide range of food system stakeholders to drive action in 3 areas that together can unlock system tipping points by 2025 and enable widespread scaling of regenerative systems by 2030.
- Enable a global farmer community. We will support and enable a global community of farmer leaders and farming organisations to shape the transition, working closely with this community to design policy, finance and enabling interventions that work for farmers, ensuring they are able to confidently, and profitably, scale regenerative production methods.
- Establish harmonised definitions, outcomes, and metrics. We will drive convergence and alignment on definitions, outcomes, metrics, and farm level data to unlock transformative policy and finance, to establish the measurement backbone for accelerated transition and to lay the foundation for a new farm economic model.
- Develop and enable pathways to regenerative food systems. We will work in partnership with a wide number of organisations to catalyse and facilitate the redesign of value chains for high impact food products in key growing regions. We will establish economic transition pathways and proof points of regenerative systems in multiple landscapes, from which we can draw inspiration and learning as we scale.
In the next 6 months, Regen10 will mobilise the global farmer community and engage stakeholders across the food system to design a first wave of interventions that will be delivered by UNFCCC COP27. By 2030, Regen10 aims to have played a catalytic role in enabling:
- — Over 50% of world’s food to be produced in a way that drives regenerative outcomes.
- — Over 50% of the world’s agricultural land to be farmed in a way that reverses nature loss and supports decarbonisation in line the Paris Climate Agreement.
- — Over 500m farmers to apply regenerative production methods, receiving a fair income for the outcomes they deliver.
- — Over $60bn per year to be deployed to finance the transition.
Regen10 is an ambitious, open, and inclusive initiative in which we all have a role to play. We invite you us in a global collective effort to build food systems that can sustain us for generations to come.